Wednesday 10 April 2013

VOYAGING ON YOUR BODY

“Caresses, expressions of one sort or another, are necessary to the life of the affections as leaves are to the life of a tree.” - Nathaniel Hawthorne
 
A Degas drawing has been provided by Magpie Tales to function as the creative spark for all who will venture to take up her challenge. Here is my offering:
 
Voyaging on your Body
 
The voyage of my hand
On your soft skin,
Leaves a glistening trail
Of a caress, like the wake
Of a ship on a smooth sea.
 
The forest of your hair
Will hide the secrets
Of my kisses, as they alight,
Like birds to roost
On verdant boughs.
 
The cave of your mouth
Entices me to explore it,
Finding a treasure chest
Of warm and fragrant wood,
Containing all that was promised.
 
The two mounds of your breasts
Invite my fingertips to leave an imprint
Like footsteps on sandy dunes,
Their warm softness
Suffusing my flesh.
 
The twin pillars of my arms
Rise up to support you,
Letting you entwine them
As if you were ivy
Climbing up their shafts.
 
The voyage of your hand
On my quivering flesh
Is welcomed like a deliverer,
Much awaited and hoped for,
Bringing all that has been foretold.

4 comments:

  1. .. love the unbridled passion in your Mag! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite stanza:

    The twin pillars of my arms
    Rise up to support you,
    Letting you entwine them
    As if you were ivy
    Climbing up their shafts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A passionate, sensual Mag! Lovely to read!

    ReplyDelete